Answered By: Beth Allen Last Updated: Apr 17, 2019 Views: 13
No. Currently saving personal lists is not an option in WorldCat Discover. We plan to make that functionality available in the future. Once the functionality is in place, personal lists downloaded from WorldCat Local will be able to be imported into WorldCat Discovery. August 8, 2019 is the last day you can download lists from WorldCat Local.
To download your personal lists from WorldCat Local:
- Login to WorldCat Local to view your lists.
- Select the list that you want to download.
- At the top of the list, click the Export to CSV link.
- Save the file where you can find it later.
Once the functionality of lists is available, you will be able to import the list into WorldCat Discovery by:
- Logging into your account
- Click your account name to display a drop-down list and select Import My L.
- Provide a List Name (required) and List Description (optional).
- Click Browse to locate the file to be imported.
- Click Import List to begin the import process.
- The list will be added to My Personal Lists. To view your lists, click on your library drop-down menu in the upper right corner and select My Personal Lists.
NOTE: If you have more than 100 items on a list when imported the list will be broken down into multiple lists with 100 or fewer items each. All the lists will have progressive numeric list names. For example, if there are 375 items on a list and you import it with list name “Literature”. After importing there will be 4 lists with the names – Literature 1, Literature 2, Literature 3 and Literature 4.