Answered By: Beth Allen Last Updated: Jan 12, 2022 Views: 68
Answered By: Beth Allen
Last Updated: Jan 12, 2022 Views: 68
My items added to a list are stored temporarily until the session times out. To preserve a list you can create or save to a personal list, email the list to yourself, or export the citations.
Email item(s) from My Items:
- Go to the list or saved item you want to share. (My Items list limit is 100 items)
- Click the Email icon. An Email List window appears.
- Enter up to five email addresses, separated by commas in the Email Address(es) field.
- Provide a Subject and (optional) Message (limit 500 characters).
- Click Share List. Your items or list will be sent.
To create and save a personal list:
- Sign-In to WorldCat Discovery.
- Search for the items you would like to include in a list.
- Click the Save icon to add the citation to the list.
- When finished, click My Items in the upper right corner to display the list.
- Click on the Create List icon. You must be signed in to do this.
- Provide a List Name (required) and List Description (optional).
- Select a Privacy preference.
- Shared: a permalink is generated for others to view, site and share the list. Changes to the list are updated in realtime after the page is refreshed.
- Private: the default value, no permalink is created and the list is only visible to its creator.
This option can be changed after the list has been saved. If a Shared list is changed to Private, the list content automatically becomes inaccessible to anyone with the original permalink.
- Click Save.
You can now view the saved list(s) each time you sign in again from the dropdown from your name: My Personal Lists.
Export multiple citations from My Items or My Personal Lists:
- Go to the list containing items you want to cite.
- Click the check box next to the items you want to create citations for or check the Select All box.
- Click the Cite icon. A Cite List window appears.
- Select the citation style. The citations appear in a Copy & Paste box.
- Export the citations by clicking on one of the Export options or copy and paste them from the text box.